So, it’s that time of the year again where roses are sold everywhere, the prices for teddy bears, chocolates and flowers hike up like crazy and dinner reservations suddenly become everyone’s top chore on their to-do list. If you’re a sucker for hallmark celebrations like Valentine’s Day and want to get a few ideas on what to get your man this year, then this is meant for you. Getting something that he won’t chuck away in the store is always a little challenging especially when you feel like you’ve given him all he could ever want. So here are 5 fantastic valentines’ gift ideas you could use.
1. Nothing says love than a gift from the heart, work of the hands and taste of soul. Cook your guy a meal and sit him down in your dining room with dimmed lights, a few candles for a great ambience accompanied by his favorite music. The very idea that you spent the day in the kitchen to make him something on your own is sweet enough as it is. If you’re not too familiar with the kitchen, look up simple recipe’s online and try your hand at them a day before. Complete your dinner with a glass or two of wine followed my scrumptious dessert. Chess tournaments calendar
2. For a homely man and a movie buff, rent a couple of movies for your DVD store, pick up a bag of popcorn and watch a movie together. If time permits, play a few board games as well for a bit of fun; scrabble and chess is great for a little quite time but if you’re looking for something more exciting, try your hand at twister or taboo.
3. Get him a book. If he’s a bookworm, pick out a book by his favorite author or something that he’s been talking about getting lately. If you’re stumped, then take him to a bookstore and see what kind of books he checks out.
4. Personalized a photo. If the two of you have got a favorite photo, take it to your photo center and have them digitalize the piece and you’ll be amazed with how much you can do with it. You would be able to turn it into a magnet, jigsaw puzzle, bookmark and calendar, photo album and so on.
5. Hit the kitchen once again but this time pull out your baker’s hat. Bake him a batch of his favorite cookies and be extra generous with the chips, nuts and whatever else you plan on throwing in there. Once they’ve cooled, you could use icing and write out a message to him. Wrap it up in colorful wire mesh netting with a bow and top it off with a handmade card.