CISSP Certification or Certified Information Systems Security Professional credential is an advanced and grueling exam that tests the abilities of information security professionals and validates their skills to secure an enterprise environment. Becoming a CISSP certified professional is no cakewalk. It requires years of relevant work experience in addition to an endorsement from an existing CISSP professional to take the 6-hour long grueling exam. The exam is conducted by (ISC)2 and offers vendor neutral capabilities applicable worldwide and industry-wide.
Pre-Requisites or Eligibility Criteria for CISSP Certification
Minimum 5 years of full-time experience in at least 2 of the 8 domains enlisted by (ISC)2
4 years of full-time experience in at least 2 of the 8 (ISC)2 rpl training courses domains along with a 4-year college degree.
8 Domains of CISSP from CBK (Common Book of Knowledge)
1. Asset Security
2. Communications and Network Security
3. Security Engineering
4. Identity and Access Management
5. Security Assessment
6. Security Operations
8. Software Development Security
Specializations in CISSP Certification
• Management (CISSP-ISSMP)
• Architecture (CISSP-ISSAP)
• Engineering (CISSP-ISSEP)
Why Opt for CISSP Training
• Gain abilities to design the architecture, and manage the security of enterprise environments.
• Validate proven skills and expertise gained through IT security experience
• Demonstrate your technical proficiency, and capabilities to develop an effective IT security program for an organization in accordance with globally accepted standards
• Fill the skill gap that is leaving many security positions empty in many organizations, despite huge demand.
• Differentiate your expertise from peers to acquire desirable job positions in a fast-growing environment for information security
• Establish your commitment towards information security best practices by gaining relevant skills continually to earn CPEs and
• Access valuable resources related to study and career.
Job openings for IT security positions often list CISSP certification as one of the pre-requisites. Other cyber security certifications in demand include CEH, CHFI and Cisco Security credentials. It is a mandatory requirement especially in case of banks, insurance firms and other financial institutions where cost of a data breach is relatively high. The demand for good and knowledgeable security experts is at an all-time high and various studies are pointing at a shortage of cyber security skills. At this time, it becomes all the more imperative to acquire certification and strengthen your position in the information security industry.